|Arbejdsplads||Rosbjergvej 33, 8220 Aarhus, DK|
|Job ID: 110456|
Senior UX Designer
Are you ready to join our growing UX team and take the lead on designing and continuously improving some of Denmark’s biggest e-commerce websites and digital services?
We are on a mission to improve everyday life.
As Denmark’s biggest retail group, we serve over 11 million customers every week across our physical and online stores – with that comes a big responsibility to design the experiences forming part of people’s everyday life. We are investing in becoming the leading digital player in Danish retail within a few years and Salling Group Digital is full of dedicated talent that is driven to make it happen. We count +100 employees and work with our brands Bilka, føtex, Netto, BR, Salling, Skagenfood, Carl’s Jr. and Starbucks.
An opportunity to make great impact.
In our growing User Experience team, you will take the lead on designing the good intuitive user experience for our digital services and initially have a focus on our non-food online stores for Bilka, føtex and BR while working closely with our Design Lead to improve our craft, methods and ways of working, as well as nurturing UX maturity outside our team.
As a senior UX designer, you will be the close sparring partner with the product owner. Crafting a good user experience grounded in best practice is key, but we also expect you to play a very active role in identifying, exploring and prioritising the right new features based on our users’ needs. You will become part of a highly skilled group of designers and researchers, and you can expect close collaboration, active sparring with experienced UX designers and getting close to customers through one of Denmark’s biggest user panels.
What you will do
Your goal will be to make good and impactful design become reality and you will:
● Craft the user-centred experience – You will shape design briefs, research best practices, explore early prototypes and craft final designs ready for handover.
● Shape what’s next – Play a key role in shaping the direction of our digital services; finding, researching and exploring new possible features from a user perspective before they go into roadmaps.
● Make continuous improvements – Collaborate with our data-driven UX designer to run our UX Continuous Improvement initiative for non-food; finding improvement areas, design and split test alternatives to create measurable outcomes.
● Get great experiences to customers – You will collaborate closely with our in-house frontend developers; exploring the feasibility of early solutions as well as reviewing what is built to ensure quality gets to our customers.
Your skillset, mindset and experience
We want to hear from designers that can lead the design process in a complex environment and we expect you to have some of the following:
● 5+ years of hands-on UX design experience with large or complex organisations.
● Have a proactive approach to design that is both ambitious and pragmatic.
● In-depth knowledge of usability, responsive websites, atomic design and design systems.
● Excellent visual design skills and ability to work with brand guidelines.
● Great communication and presentation skills with an ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind your design decisions.
● Ability to build your point of view on what good looks like in e-commerce and how this influences business outcomes, conversion rates, basket size and funnel steps.
● Interest in collaborating with UX researchers and setting the research objectives.
● An interest and understanding of analytics (E.g. Google Analytics)
What you can expect from us
As part of Salling Group Digital at our HQ in Aarhus you will be a part of a fast-moving, informal and fun department with yearly hackathons and regular social activities.
Being part of our team has a lot of benefits, for example:
● Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
● Access to the best tools and equipment with great flexibility.
● Option to work remotely for a couple of days per week for more focus.
● Appetising lunch agreements and free access to fitness and sports facilities.
● Attractive employee discounts in all of our stores.
Send your CV, portfolio and application (Danish or English) as soon as possible, as we are reviewing them on an ongoing basis. For any questions, please contact Design Lead & UX Team Manager, Jonas Rauff Mortensen on (+45) 23 47 62 11 (On holiday week 30 and 31).
Any fully remote working applicants will not be considered for this role.